A lever on rose door handles is a door handle where the lever is fixed to a circular plate, also referred to as the 'rose', hence the name lever on rose. These door handles have various benefits, as opposed to lever on backplate door handles or mortice door knobs.
- Firstly, the screw and handle fittings are hidden behind the rose cover, offering a completely flush finish. This makes it ideal for a modern and contemporary interior design style.
- Secondly, a lever on rose door handles can be used on any internal door inside your home. Simply combine the lever on rose door handle with a combination of latches, locks and thumb-turns, depending on the room and requirements.
Quick Facts about Lever on Rose Door Handles
- Lever on rose door handles can be installed alone if only using a latch.
- Lever on rose door handles can be installed with a lock and a latch, in which case an escutcheon (keyhole cover) or turn and release will also be required.
- Lever on rose door handles are normally supplied with screws, a spindle and fitting instructions.
- Lever on rose door handles usually conceal the screws and fixings screws, giving a much cleaner look.
- Lever on rose door handles are available in a wide range of finishes and styles, including Chrome, Gun Metal, Brass and Nickel.
- Lever on rose door handles are available in a wide range of sizes and are usually measured using their rose diameter, length and projection. Typical rose diameters are available in 50mm, 60mm and 65mm.
Where to Use Lever on Rose Door Handles
Lever on rose door handles can be used on any interior door inside your home, with a combination of locks and thumb-turns. We’re about to go slightly technical here. For a bathroom door, the handle must be used in combination with a bathroom door lock and bathroom thumb-turn.
To secure the door, the handle must be used in combination with a mortice sashlock and escutcheon. If you're not fitting for a bathroom door or you don't need to lock your door, simply install your rose door handle with a tubular latch.
Examples of Lever on Rose Door Handles
Photo by HomeStory - Bedroom ideas: a black door handle on a white door
Photo by Rossington Architecture | Bathroom design inspiration - Click on the image and discover our bathroom door handles category.
Photo by HomeStory - Discover bathroom design inspiration
Photo by HomeStory - A brushed nickel lever on rose door handle fitted on a white door
How to fit a Lever on Rose Door Handle
You can use our lever on rose fitting instructions here to install your lever on the rose door handle.